Sunday, December 23, 2012

December daze #22

Swirling water on rocks

What was the greatest gift you received in 2012? What was the greatest gift you gave?
What do you intend to give yourself in 2013?


Interesting this prompt was for the day exactly one month after my 60th birthday.
The greatest gift I received in 2012 is connected to that birthday and that was the company, companionship and generosity of my friends who came to celebrate my birthday in a number of places first in Melbourne with a gathering on 22 July organized by Michele, catered for by her and a lovely lovely day with good friends. Then on November 22 some very loving and generous friends gathered in Nyons, France to celebrate the day I turned 60. Fabulous fabulous time. Many of the photos in December daze review are from that journey to celebrate Sue's 60th in Barcelona and my 60th in Nyons.


This is in Nyack, NY
I think the greatest gift I gave was my gift to Fran for her 60th, of frequent flyer points which brought her on the day December 22 (there's a bit of a number theme going on here!) to NYC for Christmas. People have said how generous and thoughtful that gift was- I hadn't thought of it in those terms but more that it was something I could do and I would benefit from it too. And I have so it was not only a gift to her but one to myself.


My gift to me in 2013 is time. Time to do something creative, time to get out there and smell the roses, time to think and relax and read and live!



How i am going to do that is all linked up in my goals and my through word and the 13 in 2013.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...