Thursday, December 2, 2010

December Daze


 My plan is to try to get out of the December Daze and get up to date and doing my blog again. The wonderful Tami at Get It Scrapped has again prodded me and others to get going with our blogs. She also pointed me towards reverb10 which has daily prompts to get one reflecting on the year 2010. Just my sort of thing really and by the end of the month I will have well and truly reviewed 2010.

So the first of December prompt is...
One Word.
Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?
(Author: Gwen Bell)

Well that's a challenge! But then that is probably a really good word to describe 2010 ..."challenge". The challenge has been in work with the changes in what is expected and in the things that I have taken on both here and at home. Challenge in relationships particularly here. In a year from now I would like the word to be "empowered" and to have that feeling that I have greater control of where I am and what I am doing.

 In getting out of this December Daze I decided to take on Tami's challenge and try and post about the subject she suggests and so today it is your favourite Christmas memory... yet another challenge but what comes to mind is about present exchange.

Michele and I like to give each other hints about the year's Christmas present. Hints that give the other person absolutely no idea what the gift is... things about size, shape, colour ... all manner of misleading hints. This particular year we had just bought our beach side holiday house and were looking forward to leisurely times in its garden. We did our usual hints session about the gift. Michele's description and hints seemed very familiar. I gave her hints about her present but we decided we had bought each other the same thing. On Christmas morning we opened our gifts to each other and we had done it.... we gave each other a hammock.

Comment on the day cannot pass without making a note of the weather. It was so windy and wet during the day. Walking to the office for a meeting I was pleased not to be caught up in the storm that had ripped through the city during the day. Evidence of the severity of the storm was on the steps as I emerged fro the subway. There were two abandoned broken umbrellas. And then on the corner of 7th and 29th there were four dead umbrellas by the bin and on the other corner were four more. It was a very rough weather day.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Love the Xmas Page!! I'd forgotten about our hints! It was always fun thinking up something factual that was misleading. This year's will be a challenge and you will feel empowered!!

see me said...

Okay Mich... yours is going to be even more challenging to guess... I need to be empowered to find it!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...