Monday, December 27, 2010

Daze Twenty Six December

 Oooo Eeee it is Boxing Day already.  How did that happen? I had a wonderful Christmas Day with family  and friends. Not just family and friends present here in NYC but also via skype and email and snail mail (a parcel delivered on Christmas Day?! A newspaper delivered on Christmas Day- do we do that in Australia now?)
The day started with stockings from Santa- they worked a treat. It is such fun playing Santa even if it is to adults in the know and filling stockings with bits and pieces of all manner of sensible and silly stuff. 
Michele had brought presents from other family member and they were an added surprise- it was lovely. I had sent stuff to them too and have plans for other things. We had a late breakfast and then got ready to go out for a late (for us) lunch. 
We went to The Water Club similar to the River Cafe but not quite the splendid city scape (Brooklyn isn't the same view as Manhattan) not quite the same lighting but just as good service, the food was good, the company good fun and it wasn't as expensive!
A cab ride and home around 4:30 after a singalong of carols with the pianist in the bar area of the restaurant. Bernadette and Sally and I had the chance to harmonize (I sang along with them, they harmonized)- nothing like a good sing to keep lifting the spirits.
A bit more singing and some great laughing watching some of the improv everywhere events- love it!

Soul food. 
What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?
Fairly appropriate given I spent most of the day before eating! And so to explore how I have fed both my soul and my physical self over the past year... the following are in no particular order other than the way the photos have uploaded (again!)



 Art journaling not only an expression of me but also learning new techniques and processes.

 The ease with which Sharan went and bought croissants from a nearby bakery in Brussels.

 Finding time to explore the world through the media

 Exploring the beauty of the physical world- Monument Valley

 Exploring the physical world- flowers and spring

 Catching up with online friends

 Catching up with long time friends in foreign places.

 Exploring things I love- photography

 Making connections with great thinkers and artisits- Magritte's house in Brussels

 Seeing wonder in ordinary things- the stalk of the cabbage I was preparing for dinner.

 New friends in wonderful locations

 Longer term friends in wonderful locations

 Great coffee

 Barbecued ribs that were tastyand restored my faith in what ribs are meant to be!

 Exploring images using my new iphone apps

 Lamb chops!

 Apple pie

All of the above have fed my heart, soul, spirit and physical self over the past twelve months in one way or another.

1 comment:

Barb said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas!! We did as well.

I love the sidewalk trial!! So funny!!! From what my son says, I can believe you need to do it!! He is always talking about how slow the tourists are!!! LOL This was so funny!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...