Sunday, December 12, 2010

Daze Eleven December

Thank you to you who visit my blog I really enjoy your company, even more when you leave comments. Thank you Barb in particular- my one regular commentator.

A night out with friends- dinner and then Jazz at Lincoln Center- Diane Schuur. She can hit the notes but last night was tad lack lustre-perhaps it was the space and she works better in an intimate environment or perhaps she was just tired as she'd done the 7:30 show and this was the 9:30 or perhaps she just wanted to be elsewhere.

Today's preparation for 2011 was the following prompt (like this one very in line with the Happiness Project decluttering!)

11 Things 
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)

  1. Self put downs. I don't need to think I'm fantastic but I do need to stop thinking I am useless and pathetic!
  2. The wrong food. Too many times I have gone for the quick feed- time to get it managed better.
  3.  Reasons not to be creative. I established a space now I need to work there regularly.
  4. Get rid of the pebbles and implant the big rocks a la Stephen Covey. Find the time to pause, and savour the moments- the one life I have and am living to the fullest.
  5. Last minute-itus. When it comes to some things I do leave them to the last minute- things like birthday wishes, answering emails, phone calls, bill payment- time to get in and get over it.
  6. Excuses not to blog. I'm awake! I can blog!
  7. "Just putting it here for the moment". I need to start just putting it away where it belongs or throwing it out so that the piles of junk don't have the chance to accumulate.
  8. Excuses not to walk. Bite the bullet and do it- either from the next subway stop or a special walk on the weekend.
  9. Rescheduling writing time. Other than the one time a week I meet up with the writing buddy, I need to stop postponing it and schedule it into my life more regularly
  10. Mailbox overload. Just because they think I should be on their mailing list doesn't mean I should be. I need to stop the catalogues and the junk promotional stuff that clutters up my life
  11. Turn the page not the channel- I want to read more both professional things and novels- expelling some of the TV from my life would be a good move.

4 comments:

Tamarra said...

can i just copy & paste your list? seems like we are on the same brainwave

Terry said...

oh I love your list!!! I need to adopt a few of those for me too!!

Michele said...

I identify with the "Just put it there for the moment" A big clean up on the books when I get back from New York
See Procrastination should be on my list as well!!

Barb said...

Celia. You ARE fantastic. There is no other person like you and there are people, known and unknown to you that look up to you. So you really do need to get rid of that for 2011.

I would love for you to learn to savor the moment, too. Since I have retired I realize just how much I was missing. Life is totally different since I can really appreciate each moment.

This blog was great. I know you will accomplish all of them, because you want them. Go for it, girl!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...