Thursday, December 23, 2010

Daze Twenty Two December

Time to get stuck into the reverb10 chat again- this time I am only marginally puzzled by the prompt...
Travel. 
How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? 

is it asking me about my travel this year? If so a " photographic synopsis" follows or is it asking how did I travel emotionally this year? If so then there were some ups and downs and a few tricky curves but here I am wiser, happy and gathering momentum for the downhill run into 2011. 
Or is it asking me how I traveled- as in transportation... planes, trains and automobiles a couple of trams thrown in for my physical transport and my emotional transport was via this blog and a great pool of wonderful caring friends both here at home and on line. Thank you all of you for being here and there.

And so to the photographic synopsis of my travel for 2010.. not necessarily in order of days or months (sorry Sue) but in the order  photos came up on blogger- a serendipitous travelogue :)

 Traveled home to Footscray in February

 The spring break we headed through Nevada to Las Vegas

 Back home to Footscray for four days in early June

 Our Baltic cruise in June/July took us took us to Stockholm, Sweden.

 The trip home in August involved work and trips to some country spots including Queenscliff

 The February break we traveled to Miami and Florida Keys

 In November the break was taken in Brussels, Belgium.

 Another part of my work back home took me to Creswick in Victoria

 I took advantage of the opportunity to travel to Las Vegas and meet up with the wonderful crew from Get It Scrapped.

 The Baltic cruise ended in Copenhagen and we made sure we visited the Tivoli Gardens

 And Nyhavn in Copenhagen.

 The Baltic cruise headed out from Dover so we had some time in London first
 When we were in Brussels we went on a day trip to Brugge

 The spring break was a bit of a road trip taking us to Monument Valley

 And Zion National Park

Came back to NYC in between trip.

 The cruise gave us the opportunity to travel into Hamburg, Germany.

 We met up in Paris and journeyed along the canals starting out in Joigny

 Time spent in Tallinn on our Baltic cruise

 St Petersburg was another port of call

 Helsinki, Finland on the Baltic cruise
 Days spent in Paris, France

 Back in time for Christmas.

 And so to my plans for 2011 and travel... a cruise is lined up (kinda like them now) in April going to Athens and the Greek isles, perhaps a trip somewhere in the US in February, some trips back to Australia hopefully the work will happen and also have to do visa business and in a few weeks we think we'll make a quick trip to Memphis.

My Favourite things section
Favourite Thing about decorating, holiday decorating that is, when it is all done and the tree is up the lights are on the doors bow is done and people are wowed by it all. Love the way we are in competition with Times Square and their lighting!

Favourite  Holiday Place to Visit- there are a couple of these I can talk about. I love going to the holiday markets... the one in Grand Central, the Union Square one, the one at Central Park and then any that I have been to in Europe where you can stroll around drinking mulled wine and buy something that one probably wouldn't have bought without the help of the mulled wine.
I used to love going to Carols by Candlelight in Melbourne- we'd rock up with our picnic basket and spread out the picnic rug. Having bought the candles from some candle seller and our carol book we'd hoe into the food and have a few drinks and wait for the sun to go down and the carols to start. That was so long ago. Now it costs a fortune to get in, they have fenced it off and you can't take a picnic. But it is still fun to watch it on TV and sing along with the choir and the singers. especially in the Hallelujah Chorus- the video clip shows it to a certain extent- remember it is summer and so it is outside :) It may be a bit damp this year perhaps.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Celia!! You are thinking way too deep for me here!! LOL I would have never thought about where I had been emotionally in 2010. You are a thinker that is for sure.

Love your photo journey. You have had quite a year!!

Thank you sooo much for that clip. I loved it. It is always so much fun for me to see holiday customs in other countries. Jim and I both sat and watched it together. Too bad it costs so much. We see that happening where we are an it is such a shame. Some people just can't afford money for that type of fun!!

Elizabeth Marie said...

Wow. Lots and lots of (literal) travel for you. Beautiful photos. I envy you that.

Tamarra said...

great photos, and how funny that you captured Debbie .. talking with her hands :)

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...