Monday, December 20, 2010

Daze NineteenDecember

This one is a tad spooky.

Healing. 
What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?


This prompt and question came from the Goddess Leonie- self appointed goddess I believe whereas in my case I have the bowl to prove I am a goddess! My friend Shirley gave me the bowl as a thank you present when she was last here in NYC. It is a wonderful bowl to eat one's breakfast from as it gives you a delightful affirmation of your goddess qualities as you are eating and then affirms that you are divine when you finish your breakfast. So truly I have the proof that I am a goddess however Goddess Leonie has only her self-proclamation. I have to admit I was drawn to find out more about her in a ghoulish, self mutilating kind of way. So I just popped on over to her website and am horrified to say that she is not only self appointed but is also Australian practising her goddess-ish ways in her backyard in Canberra- oh my goodness I thought (actually I used far stronger words than that but needed to keep the airwaves clean) and she has made enough money from her "art" to support her stay at home husband. And they both "work" from home on her goddess mission.
Just a little excerpt from her website to tantalize you...

Here’s some of my (Goddess Leonie's)favourite dreams come true:
  • I fell in love at first sight, and had the courage to ask the love of my life out on a date… it’s been ten years of love since then!
  • I thought I might want to self publish a book when I was 22. A month later, I did it.
  • I’ve sold artwork all around the globe, & had my first solo art exhibition at 23.
  • My life long dream was to go to India. Three years ago, my love, two sisters, mama & me spent a month travelling India together. It was utterly wild & fantastical & what mystical stories are made out of.
  • When I was 25, I knew I needed to run my own three day retreat. And I did it – and it was one of the most powerful experiences of my life.
  • Two years ago, I dreamed that I could turn my little art hobby into a thriving enterprise that sustained and nourished me abundantly. And that dream came true. Today, we have been able to move across the country to live in tropical paradise, and my love & I both get to stay at home to be with our daughter while I have my Very Happy Job of being a Goddess.
  • I have dreamed up & made happen Goddess Circle, e-courses, meditations and books.
  • I’m a magazine columnist & have been featured in a number of books including SARK’s bestselling “Juicy Pens, Thirsty Paper”

And so having spent time on my own diatribe about the goddess herself I have to get to the prompt. The major healing that is going to need to happen in 2011 is my wounds from my self mutilation at reading this, in my view, drivelly prompt. I mean was it sudden or drip-dry?

Perhaps I need to take a fresh look and try to be unbiased about this. Have I been hurt or upset in 2010? You betcha! What will I do differently in 2011 to address the "hurt"? Well I have been working on this in previous posts and in 2011 I think it is looking brighter and much easier given that I have tried to address things over recent times. Suitably vague? Perhaps I do need a goddess circle of my own!

These are few of my favourite things section
Thought I'd do two just to try and make up for lost time!
My favourite Christmas ornament is this little angel. I bought it in 1980 in Copenhagen. It is small and flaght and light- easy to post home to my mum so that I could be part of the family Christmas celebrations while I was on the big overseas trip. I'd been away for about 9 months by the time I sent it home.
It was always hung on my mum's Christmas tree and then when I was cleaning up the things in the house after she died before the house was sold I came across her. So gave it back to me and brought it over the NY and now she hangs on my Christmas tree and my mum is here for Christmas along with all the family who were part of our Christmases.

My favourite gift on my gift list this year. Not sure if this is the gift I am giving someone or what I want for myself. I never make a list of gifts for myself. I never even think about it really. What I really love is the hunt and finding of the perfect gift for each of the people on my list. Some gifts I am particularly proud. I try not to just buy any old thing or a "that'll do" type present. What I really love is that Santa comes to our place every Christmas and leaves stockings filled with some of the silliest things. I love doing that and having the conversation with whoever is the recipient of the Christmas stocking gifts and say things like "Santa wasn't quite sure if you needed one of those this year  got it for you anyway!" This could be said about the toothbrush in the stocking or the post it note pads or the little bulldog clips.

    2 comments:

    Barb said...

    You hit my heart about the Christmas gifts, Celia. I would rather not give one if I haven't given it much thought. And I love giving and getting only one present because it has to be special. I hate to ask what people 'want' for Christmas. I want to get them a present...something 'I' want them to have!!!

    I love reading your blog right now as I can feel your excitement in what is being found and what can be ahead. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Elizabeth Marie said...

    I so love that you sent yourself home for Christmas and then gave your mom back to yourself. Beautiful.

    I've been a terrible gift-giver over the past few years. You might have inspired me.

    Also, I love you for the first part of this post.

    16th of the Month- March

     A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...