Monday, December 13, 2010

Daze Thirteen December

How about this for getting into the swing, Yep I am awake so I am blogging.  Today's reverb10 prompt is much more to my liking...

Action 
When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step? (Author: Scott Belsky)

I went to Scott's website and like all the other prompters he does have a book for sale but also had a process for putting things into action...
  • ACTION STEPS are tasks that need to be completed. Each Action Step should start with a verb: "Call Y," "Follow up with X," "Buy a gift for Z."
  • REFERENCES are notes, links, files, sketches - any information related to a project that gives context to your Action Steps.
  • BACKBURNERS are the brilliant ideas that you want to come back to later, but are not yet actionable.
  • DISCUSSIONS enable you to manage ongoing conversations across all of your projects with anyone that works with you. All relevant communications (shared documents, solutions to problems, feedback, decisions) are in one place.
  • EVENTS are the key occasions/meetings/milestones/etc toward which you (and your team) are working. Events can be used to coordinate deadlines for Action Steps, aiding project management. 
The website is Action Method.
I like the Action thing he say- using a verb when writing actions down. It matches up with Covey's concepts.

I know I have done really well with getting some ideas into place and making them happen over the past 12 months
  • Going on the Vegas scapbooking trip
  • Visiting Sharan in Brussels
  • Traveling on the French canals
  • Setting up the Happiness Project monthly meeting and discussion- it has slipped over the last month but only days of the year to go
  • Having Michele here for Christmas
  • Completing the Review work in Australia
  • Setting up my creative space
I had to go back over that small list to make sure I used verbs?!
So now what is my next step? What are my aspirations?
 The implication being the I have had some ideas/aspirations that I want to action and more importantly share. This is going to take some more time to ponder and is setting me up for 2011 nicely.

1 comment:

Barb said...

You are certainly on the go for 2011, Celia! Sounds like it is going to be a very good year for you.

I like the verbs!! I am into that. It is like when people make goals and don't make them objective. How can you ever measures to see if you have done them or not. I laugh when someone makes a goal like I am going to call more homebound people than I have been. How can you ever see if you have accomplished that goal? KWIM?

Looking forward to seeing your 2011 journey!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...