Monday, December 13, 2010

Daze Twelve December

 What a wet old day it has been here in NYC. I woke and did what I thought was a good idea...I'm awake, I can blog... but in looking at the reverb10 prompt for today I was a tad startled to say the least. I am really good at looking at things in an obscure sort of way or from a different angle but today's prompt had even me scratching my head and leaping for the google button. Who is this guy Patrick Reynolds- the pictures had me a tad bemused- how did he get his leg up the wall that way and is this the right guy??

I came across another blogger who kinda shared my view- she did make me laugh- but she is a tad too negative for me. I do agree with her about this guys view of himself as demonstrated in the photo of him provided to/by reverb10.

The prompt that had as going...
Body Integration 
This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)

Perhaps it is the way he phrased it but integrated with your body- reminds me of Tim and Debbie who talked about having an out of body experience. I couldn't find that actual clip but the politics of time is pretty good indicator of Tim and Debbie humour.   The implication  of the prompt seems to be that it is possibly how one is all the time that necessitates mind and body integration!

However a cohesive me, alive and present is in line with the School of Practical Philosophy and living in the moment- be blowed if I can remember when that happened specifically during the year.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Doesn't kind of blow your mind the way some people think. It's almost like they have to think too deeply or something. Or perhaps my mind isn't made up to go there. I don't know, really. I do know that if anything I always feel as one thing... me...not a mind and a body separate. Maybe I have a problem. Aw, I don't want to think about it. I have enough about myself to wonder about!!! LOL

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...