Saturday, December 11, 2010

Daze Ten December

Having gone back to work yesterday I felt pretty good. Perhaps the photography class until 11pm was not the best way to keep up my physical strength but it certainly gave me a mental  workout. Thank you Sue it is proving to be a lovely birthday present for me!

And to the reverb10 prompt for today...
Wisdom Wisdom. 
What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

What a me sort of thing to ponder?! What makes one decision wiser than another- interesting that when you are making a decision it isn't until after the event that you know that it was a wise one, in my view at least.
When we did our Practical Philosophy course a few years ago it was a wise decision and also had a question one could ask in times of uncertainty..."What would a wise woman do?" So to consider something and make a wise decision is something I truly hanker after.

I love the fact that the prompt says the "wisest" decision- this is assuming:
a) you've made a decision this year- this is being asked of the person reknowned within her circle of friends and colleagues back home for her indecision. This is the person that at our "ethnic dinner" group was given the task a few times of ordering for everyone to give me practice at making decisions.
b) for it to be your wisest decision it would mean that you have made more than one wise decision in a year! Big call!

However thinking about it I believe the wisest decision I made this year was to use some of my numerous frequent flyer points to enable Michele to come over here for Christmas. It is going to be lovely to share (again) a Christmas in New York with her. It is good timing (and I think that's where the wiseness of the decision comes in) as it means, in a time when I am feeling my life is in flux, I have a special person to share this time.

3 comments:

Barb said...

So glad you are feeling better. Even though the class was tiring, it probably was good for you!

Glad Michele will be with you for Christmas. You needed this special time.

Michele said...

My response was "Oh celia, that's lovely!" looking forward to seeing you next SUnday!

scrapweaver said...

I love catching up with you. Your writing is as beautiful as your voice! Hugs

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...