Thursday, December 30, 2010

Daze Twenty Nine December

 It was a walk in the park...

 We started at 72nd Street

 
Some people didn't even know the memorial was there or to look for it but others knew to clear it a little.

 We walked single file along tracks in the snow

 The sun came out

 Fluffed up sparrows sat quietly in shrubs

 The view to the Boathouse with the lake frozen

 There was even a concert y four snowmen in the band shell

 They were accompanied by a lone saxophonist

 A very proud stick carrier who as he passed looked you in the eye as if to say either "Look what I've got" or "I can't talk now I have a sick in my mouth." (Thanks Bernadette for the latter inspiring quote)

 Sally spotted the hawk in the tree

 The first of the lost gloves for the day

 Another sparrow

 Another lost glove

 Then lunch at Columbus Circle

 The third lost glove of the day

 A bigger struggle to make a call!

 You'll be sure of getting your Metro paper from outside Zabars

And so to today's prompt..

Defining moment. 
Describe a defining moment or series of events that has affected your life this year.

Some of my response to this has been hinted at in other blog entries and I won't refer to that here. But other defining moment and the series of events that followed was... the offer of work in Victoria.
The defining moment I think was my acceptance of the offer to do reviews and the events that affected my life this year and beyond were the trips to and from Australia. Not only did I get to see people at home more and in different ways but I built up frequent flyer points and now have great benefits for future flights. How superficial is this! But it will make traveling even more luxurious.
The work also gave me greater confidence in my capacity to write and analyze and move through and between situations.
The financial remuneration of the work has meant I could say yes to travel with friends in April next year and can manage other aspects of my life in Australia.
So as far as defining moments go I reckon that could be one.

2 comments:

Barb said...

Just lovin' the pictures you have shown. And Especially the gloves. I don't know why, I love the lost gloves pictures.

Elizabeth Marie said...

I loved the photo essay. The lost gloves! I see them everywhere here, too.

Your moment. Nothing superficial about finding work you love and getting a chance to travel as far as I'm concerned.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...