Friday, December 3, 2010

Daze Two in December

The prompt was oh so appropriate for my Thursdays. ..

Writing. What do you do each day that doesn’t contribute to your writing — and can you eliminate it? (Author: Leo Babauta)
Having done some writing of memoir with the International Women's Writers Guild  at their New York conference  I now have set up a date with Bernadette to write each week. When I say write it is really a short period of time but it means that I am working towards getting some writing done, which is more than I have done other years.

But what Leo is asking is for me to examine my year/life for things that don't contribute to writing. I had to do a little research looking by at his blog which meant looking at his life and truly being inspired. what I have taken from the prompt and from his work is that I should look at what I have done this year in a zen type of way to clear my life of clutter and get into writing my blog as well as other writing. I have set up things in my week to do reflection- things do get in the way of it and I tend to not do the wrting if something else is a choice- like being away somewhere.
The big thing is getting up early- Leo blogs about that and I am now waking early so maintaining that and getting into my blog early in the day will mean that I can get it done. I had been doing that in September so now is the time to seize the inspiration and get stuck back into it!

I want to try to keep photos here as they break up my dull chatter and give a glimpse of life in New York or on my travels. This one is the Rockefeller Christmas tree taken as we were stuck in traffic on the way home from work on Wednesday hence the wet, wind and rain wear. The tree is such a part of the December Daze for me. It seems that November begins and there suddenly are the Christmas decorations and carols being played so early in November- I have even become so NYC that I was heard to say "We haven't even had Thanksgiving and they've got the Christmas thing happening". I guess though given the Rockefeller tree was lit on 30 November they needed to get that enormous tree in place a long while back to get all those decorations on it.
One year Sue and Tiina and I attempted to go to the lighting of the tree. Admittedly we were trying to access the area at around 5pm- now what a joke that was...we were hard pressed to get across 6th Avenue let alone get within coo-ee of the tree lit or unlit! Instead we went to a nearby pub had dinner and watched it on TV.

No comments:

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...