Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Make a list Mondays

The challenge for Monday's is obviously to make a list... the specifics of this list from Michelle, Get it Scrapped Teacher- (GIST) as opposed to my sister Michele but then GIST Michelle has 2 "LL's" and my lovely and loving sister has 1 "L" My loving and lovely sister Michele
I digress.... the specifics of the challenge
Today's list is a simple and silly one for sure. I am making a huge assumption that the majority if not all of us are the homemakers in our home. We cook and clean, we keep the general functioning of our home in order. Michelle you are right about making an assumption- I'm currently back home and not making major decisions about anything although Iam doing cleaning, very little cooking and am making decisions in other ways... now if I was back at my home in NYC I'd be making other joint decisions about the shopping list however.. that's not today...The challenge notes continue
I, by nature, am a list maker I love the feel of a to do list being crossed off, but not everyone is. However I would be willing to bet that the majority of even none list makers make a grocery list here and there. Your assignment for Make a list Monday , August 3rd is to show us your grocery list and give us a little insight into your home life. You might want to include info like how often you have to shop, how crazy it is to shop for teenage boys, things that seem to always be on the list, just whatever feels like a fun addition to you.
Given my information above it is all a bit fraught about shopping lists particularly grocery shopping lists but here goes.....
1.Butter- we ran out when I was making my lunch- prefer Australian butter to US butter something to do with what the cows eat I think
2.Mersey Valley Sharp and crumbly cheese- on the list partially because I have to get my fill before returning to the US (see above about cows eating habits 0
3.Milk 1 litre- as opposed to 2 litres as it tends to go off by the time we finish it as only use it for coffee, meusli and the occasional cup of tea
4.Small tins of tuna- with ginger flavouring for Michele's lunch

5.Cheds- cheese flavoured snack biscuits/crackers for nibbling during games of Scrabble
6. Cape seed loaf-sliced for sandwiches one of the best loaves of bread you can buy- can't get enough of the decent bread we can get here in Australia

It is a very limited list as Michele did much of the vege shopping for her lunches on Sunday and this week my diary is full of lunch with friends or dinner with friends.

Take Monday as an example of the week- lunch at home of cheese and chutney on toast and plunger coffee and then dinner with friends at the Leinster Arms in Collingwood. If you go to the link the table near the open fire and the chair with its back to the fire was exactly where I ate my dinner of "Leinster chicken and prawns" and talked with friends about visiting NYC at Christmas time. Tuesday is going to be lunch in the city with a friend (coming to NYC in early December) Ian with whom I will have lunch
and dinner with other friends in the city (they've been to NYC on other occasions).
Tiina and Sue I'm not having dinner with them but I did have lunch with them last week and they are my NYC friends!

So my list on Monday could end up as more of a list of eating houses in and around Melbourne!

5 comments:

mollie said...

Very, very intersting post! I love hearing of the good food from Australia ... now you have me thinking of what our cows eat. I do like your short grocery list!

It must be lots of fun moving from NYC to Australia ... I know that they are both interesting.

Tamarra said...

i love the way you write... and I too wonder about cows and butter now

Barb said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Celia. I have been gone for a very long time. I had stopped when I googled Thought Connection one day and there at the top of the page was my blog! I don't know why but it was just sort of spooky. So I have been thinking it over and have decided to keep blogging.

Did you happen to scroll down on the blog? About 2-3 posts down is a LO I did of Terry when we met in Orlando.

Am so loving this blog. Love reading where you have been and learning about Australia. I so desire to go there someday. Sounds just like the kind of place my DH, Jim, and I would love.

I need some of that butter from down there. I am a butter lover and there is nothing better than great butter!

BTW Would you please write a book???

Amy Kingsford said...

Wow I love all the photos...tell the truth...before this challenge I bet you never thought of your grocery list as the source of an engrossing tale! Way to tell a story!

scrapweaver said...

OK so not a long grocery list but what a fun post it created! Friends and family, lunches, dinners, outings and adventures! Very fun reading Celia!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...