Sunday, August 16, 2009

Saturday snapshots?

I've been doing so well keeping up with the blogging but having challenges given in another time frame has been going against me- why do I set myself up like this! But I will catch up now I hope and then as they say "build a bridge and get over it!" Actually it's not that big a deal just me giving reasons as to why the weekend got in the way of blogging.
The Saturday challenge was find a subject, any subject at all. Put it in great light if you can. Capture it three ways. Three different views, three different feelings, three different angles. What does each say to you? Which appeals to you most? Which tells the story you want to tell most effectively?

And so the challenge for me was doing this after the event due to the Festival of Words Weekend taking up all my time and the time lag between getting the challenge- soon there will be no excuse- I won't be able to blame the International Dateline for the lag an backlog as I head back to the US on Wednesday.... hmmm.

And so to the subject from different views- she's going to kill me for this one!

I looked back over my photos and these ones of Michele gardening in Aireys struck me as being slightly different views and and slightly different angles... but the feeling part I couldn't quite manage but perhaps will try some photo shoots in the future to achieve this.
Why is she sitting on the blue box.... saves the knees but more importantly sames the back which at that time was in a delicate state.

The second angle/ view is off the blue box and venturing further- her hands a blur of activity!

The final view is close up and really getting into the weed pulling- clenched jaw helping wrest that nasty weed from under the unknown tree.

Why resort to such photos and commentary? We were at the Aireys Festival when the challenge was put on Get it Scrapped so rather than completely ignore it I tried and will try better next time.

Our day was filled with a late and leisurely breakfast, a game of scrabble, a lovely lunch of pumpkin soup (made from scratch by Michele) and then a walk to the community centre for more great book discussion and meet the authors.
The afternoon session was
Jacinta Halloran- Dissection
Nick Gadd Ghostlines
Sonia Orchard The Virtuoso
Sophie Cunningham Bird

They were all really interesting. I've only read Nick Gadd's books and perhaps will manage a couple of the others but not before I head back to the US-I am a really slow reader besides which I couldn't read three books in three days!

The late afternoon.evening session were comedian Denise Scott who has written a book All that Happened at Number 26 followed by Shane Moloney talking about his series of Murray Whelan. It was a laughter filled evening and a good way to fill a Saturday- pity we could n't get out into the warmth of the day but it was lovely spending it with friends (both literary and real) and Michele.
So that's a bit of a snapshot of Saturday!

2 comments:

Katrina Kennedy said...

Love your take on the snapshots! I'm glad you are finding a way to make it yours!

Barb said...

I am a slow reader, too. My DH says I don't read books I digest them. But I find no hurry in reading as in scrapping. I do it for enjoyment, not speed. So I take my gold ole time and suck it up!!! LOL

Sounds like a wonderful Saturday. Wish there was more things like that to do in our area!!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...