Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wednesday can be wacky

Sharyn outlined the challenge which was...
to take a photograph today with a card in mind. Share the photo today, if you can - and the card when you get it completed. I'd love to see the end result.

Sharyn you'd be waiting a little while for that to happen cos I am not that good/focused on making my own cards- I'd probably save a fortune doing them or maybe not given that I'd want to find just the right paper etc.... but I figured given that the day has been dedicated to settling back in to NYC and finding where I safely stored my precious items while I was in Australia. Now that was a challenge... I have finally found my pyjamas and some of my summer clothes and I have reduced almost completely that pile of mail! How does one get off mailing lists!?! We get so much junk mail and catalogues- some I enjoy skimming but there have been forests decimated to provide me with that small pleasure. One goal is to find how to and to get off the mailing lists so the mailbox is less full and the environment is saved.

Given Sharyn's challenge (and I don't want to ignore it) I thought I'd have a look back at some of my photos that I could use for cards....
I love the variety of images and effects we get on the windows of the Crown Plaza which is just outside our dining room window.
A friend gave us these beautiful roses they were just asking to be photographed


2 comments:

Barb said...

Celia, it was so nice to get home after going to the grocery store and driving in a pelting rain...to sit and read your blog. It has settled me in!!!

Love your pictures. Beautiful! Glad you are now settling in after your trip!!

mollie said...

I totally love the first photo of the tall buildings Celia! I would love to see a card made of that one ... with your great sense of humor I can imagine that it would be of the Hallmark quality. :)

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...