Sunday, August 23, 2009

Katrina has set the challenge of filling the frame for our Saturday Snapshots and this worked in well with my stories of returning to NYC.
She said I want to see details! So show us something up close. Zoom right in or take a few steps closer than you might normally!
And so to do just that and share my journey to my second "home" the apartment in NYC.... I'll use a photo from yesterday....
Birch trees against an adobe wall
We were sitting waiting for the cars to return from up the top of Canyon Road and glancing across the road I saw these lovely trees highlighted by the adobe wall behind. I could only see three from where I sat so walked a little further down the road and all four gave a lovely contrasting composition and it filled the frame I hope to your exacting requirements Katrina.

Part of the joy of being in Santa Fe is that we are here at the time of the 88th Indian Market which was a joyous surprise for us coinciding with our stopover here. Today we headed out earlier having had a sleep in in an attempt to recover from our jet lag and travel.

What better way than to shop... so we walked around some of the stalls for 2 hours and I bought this lovely pin- it caught my eye because it is green and made me think of a kimono so a couple of links and pulls on my purse strings and then in looking at it close up it has little birds on it which appeals greatly. So obviously I have bought it- the tuft in the middle is horse hair. It was really difficult to get close up even on the "flower" setting. Katrina I need to go through my lessons more to work out how better to capture it.

Brooch from the Indian Market- 2"x2"
Was that all I bought? No, no no but relax Michele no paintings this time although it was a near miss with one yesterday.

We stopped for a long lunch in Ore House and then headed back home up "our hill" to relax and have an evening at home admiring our purchases and relive the things we let go.

Following are some more fill the frame entries but from other days... Decoration on a house wall in Santa Fe 6"x6"
Succulents in my mother's garden

4 comments:

Michele said...

very nice. LOVE the brooch.Sounds like you are shopping with discretion!

Katrina Kennedy said...

Love your shots! And the close up shot is about your focal length more than anything, so depends on your camera/lens :) Thanks for playing!!

Barb said...

Love the shot of the flower from your mother's. So beautiful!! Restraint while shopping. That can be very taxing!!!! LOL

mollie said...

Your shots are just lovely! I love the birch tree trunks against that wonderful adobe wall and LOVE your mom's succulants too.

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...