Sunday, August 23, 2009

Scrap Sunday?

.. I don't think so- neither do I want to get rid of it ie scrap it nor am I able to do any scrapping on this particular Sunday.... Tania challenged us at Get it Scrapped in this way

I'm challenging you to blog about one of the following----OR all three!
*snap a picture of a current scrapbooking project in the works, or
*tell me (and/or show me) how you store your scrapbooking scraps, or *show me where you scrap!

In order to meet this challenge I'm twisting it a little to show what I did during the day and share an idea for a scrapbook page about it.
We journeyed out of Santa Fe today in search of Georgia O' Keefe country... and we certainly found it.
The views from the car and at various stopping points sent our minds back to the paintings by Georgia O'Keefe that we have seen in Santa Fe and elsewhere.
“To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.”
Georgia O'Keefe
We didn't see her flowers in the desert but did see sunflowers...

Nobody sees a flower really; it is so small. We haven't time, and to see takes time - like to have a friend takes time
Georgia O'Keefe

I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for.
Georgia O"Keefe

The colours here are all wrong but they are so reminiscent shapes found within her landscape painting.

And so my plan is to scrap a page about the journey in Georgia's country.... you'll have to wait a while ... until in the next week or so, I return to NYC ,

2 comments:

Barb said...

You did a great job of the challenge with what you had!! Love the pictures and will certainly be waiting for the LO!!

Terry said...

such beautiful photos Celia!!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...