Monday, August 31, 2009

Inspired on Sunday

Tania set the challenge for Sunday

today, i want you to tell me about your creative process.
  • do you always start with the photos?
  • or a story to tell?
  • does product drive your creativity and lead your journey from start to finish?
  • an inspiration piece in the form of an advertisement?
And again I was thinking eek "creative process" I don't have a process let alone am I creative with it!!
But today (I'm pretending it's still Sunday) the extent of my creative process was the continued clean up of things which was my art journaling stuff and my scrap booking stuff./ stash.
How does one accumulate so much in so little time. Sue was also wondering this as I spent hours sifting through all the stuff I had and tossing/recycling and replacing things. It took all afternoon and she (Sue) valiantly put up with the crackling of yet more bags of hidden treasures while she watched the golf on the TV.
I have been through this process before this photo is where I scrap and it was where I sorted this time.
And I have did make a page about tidying up my stash using some of these photos.
And so to answering Tania's challenge-
  • do you always start with the photos?
  • or a story to tell?
I usually start with photos and since taking the class with Debbie I don't keep with the chronology of an event but often go with themes or stories. Sometimes the event that I have photographed gives me the page I want.
  • does product drive your creativity and lead your journey from start to finish?
I was really unsure about doing things differently to begin with so I used the pake kits from A Page in Time and followed their patterns and processes really closely but once I had classes at Get it Scrapped I felt much more confident to try my own thing.
  • an inspiration piece in the form of an advertisement?
Particularly with Art Journaling my inspiration comes from the casual glimpse of something or I look more closely at how things have been created eg. at lunch we were at our usual Japanese place across the road and they have new wrappers for the chopsticks. I was looking very closely at them and Sue asked if anything was wrong and I replied that I was trying to work out how they created the image of the cherry blossom on the wrapper and it was only with a couple of red dots really.

Talk about creative !! I've managed a whole post about nothing!

1 comment:

Barb said...

LOL Celia! I used to do post after post about nothing!!!

This was good. Just about a day in your life. Love it!

that LO is great! Love the thought that went into it...which bus he was waiting on??? So cute. The picture was awesome!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...