Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's Friday so I'm having fun!

The challenge for the day from Jane was ...
I thought we should all get to know each other just a little better. So I'd like you to each to list 10 random things about yourself on your blogs - can be good, bad or downright ugly, but list things we may not already know; things that you probably haven't divulged openly (No we don't want any family scandals or closet secrets) just some fun things so we can get to know the real you.

Gosh Jane you don't really want to know that much! was my intitial thought and then I decided to ponder it a little more and try to make this challenge my own soooo here goes with the random or not so random list of 10 things about me...

1. I have smelly feet- yep ever since I was a kid.

2. I spent half an hour each night while at Aireys Inlet soaking my feet in a bucket of tea. A friend said that the tannin in the tea strips off something that causes one's feet to smell. So for 7 nights I filled a bucket and subjected my sister to the to the aroma of tea while we watched numerous videos. Spencer wasn't too sure about it either.
3. Today walking around Santa Fe and the Canyon Road area my feet were put to the test! I still have smelly feet and now I have tannin coloured toe nails!
4. I love the colours of the Australian landscape and find links with those in Santa Fe and other parts of New Mexico and Arizona.
5. I was athletics champion in my high school years and resent getting the puffs climbing the hill on the way to our rented house in Santa Fe.
6. I love the colour green- if you asked me my favourite colour I'd say green but most people would say my favourite colour was purple as I tend to buy purple clothes, glasses, slacks, slippers so perhaps purple is my second favourite colour. I find green restful and calming.
7. Spencer Tracy was my favourite old time movie star hence the name of the gorgeous spaniel.
8. My favourite place in the world is ...... my bed- I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat in fact this girl can and does sleep anywhere. It is one of my greatest skills. On the plane traveling back the umpty-dump number of hours it took us to get here I had the most sleep out of all of us ... well Margie had some "drug" assisted sleep but I managed 5 hours straight then another three hours so maintained my reputation!
9. My friends know that if I begin to get querulous or make less sense than usual that I need to eat. I am mildly hypoglycemic and found out years ago- I don't have the blood sugar drops nearly as often and it was a great relief to know that the mood swings weren't a personality disorder!
10. I am hopeless at making decisions although I have improved over recent years- like deciding to move with a job to the US for a few years.... you may well ask how can a principal of a primary school (which is what I was for a number of years before coming to NYC) be hopeless at making decisions? It is decisions that matter and some that don't- I just want ot be sure that others won't be hurt, offended or want to do something else.


So making the decision to go to Canyon Road was a good one today- we parked one car at the base of the road and then ferried us up to the other end- the uphill end (see point 5). This meant we strolled downhill and roamed in and out of galleries. A tad fraught for me (see point 10) as I was making sure I was with those who might want some help in deciding on what to purchase and what not to purchase. Be thankful Michele I was able to resist Bruce King's work and make a decision not to buy.

It took us three hours to make our way to the bottom of the road and then came home here to rest and have a night in. A bit of TV and then to bed.

2 comments:

Jane said...

You live an interesting life Celia, I'm glad we got to see a little more of who you are - smelly feet and all.

Barb said...

Love the insight into Celia!!! While I don't sleep much, about four hours or so a night...I can fall asleep so easily. DH says how do you do that. I close my eyes. My head goes blank. Thinks of nothing, sees nothing. I am out that is all.

And decisions...DH and I both hate making them. That is not good. When we eat out at night...we sit in the car and go nowhere. Neither will decide. Same as your reason...we don't want to pick somewhere the other might not like! Duh!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...