Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Making a Wish List

The blogging challenge continues- and the challenge of staying up to date continues. It's tricky when those challengers are on the other side of the international date line!

But I will endeavour to stay in the game! Today being Monday's challenge Michelle has set the following:

Today's assignment is to list wishes. You get to choose the number though. So think if I could have _ wishes they would be...

And so here I go- it actually allows me to include something I did on Friday. We ventured to the schools in Kinglake where 6 months to the day there was devastating bushfires- a link to a report from that time is here.
Our visit was was intended to find out what and how the schools would like to use the funds we raised in NYC in March. Trees along the road in Kinglake
My wishes are
  1. for the people and life in the area of Kinglake to be able to recover just as many of the trees in the area are beginning to re vegetate.
  2. for the principals and teachers and students to continue to find the strength needed to cope, grow and find happiness without having to go through any more difficulties
  3. that the money we raised was 10 times the amount we managed.
A camellia in Maddy's garden
I spent Saturday with Michele at Beaumaris sorting through more things in the house so that it is empty by the time settlement happens at the end of the month. Part of the time we spent in the garden sorting through the multitude of pots that Maddy had on the terrace and around the garden. It was such a lovely sunny day and there were some many plants flowering- life in the garden goes on even though she has been gone 10 months to the day. And so my wishes are:
  1. I wish I was be able to photograph and "present" all those gorgeous flowers in some appropriate way
  2. I wish I could use the knowledge, interest and skills she gave and developed in me
  3. I wish that I could get it all sorted in soon
Having spent Monday with friends eating and drinking my wishes are as follows
  1. I wish my bags would get magically packed and fit everything I want to take back to NYC in them and be as light as air
  2. I wish that my upgrade from Albuquerque to NYC was settled
  3. I wish I had a maid to get all that needs doing done so that I can sleep
A thing I don't wish for is too many more days that are end to end meals like the last few have been!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Celia, while your wishes are so wonderful for many people you seem a bit pensive and weary. These challenges do stir up the inner self quite a bit don't they??

Sounds as if you have a heavy schedule as you get things accomplished! Enjoy your remaining time there!!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...