Saturday, August 15, 2009

Finding Fun on Fridays

According to Jane who set the challenge...

This one is simple.

Not for this little black duck! But I thought and read the challenge again...

I want you to find a funny picture from amongst your huge collection of photographs. We all have them - bald babies, sleeping husbands, amusing pet antics. I'd like you to post it on your blog and give it a caption that is a well known (read famous) line from a movie (don't forget to tell us which movie it is and who delivered the line)

Be blowed if I could do any of this so I trawled my photos and then I trawled the quotes of movies and had the following idea for the use of photos of my niece Kate and nephew Nick. The lines are not all that famous but the movie is and it means I could share what clowns these two are, just like their dad.
The lines are from Blazing Saddles.


“Where ya headed, cowboy?”

“Nowhere special.”

“Nowhere special. I always wanted to go there.”

“Come on.”
But I guess I did find some fun both with the kids and the photos and have managed to use these photos that I may not have.
Friday was fun anyway because we headed down to Aireys Inlet again and settled in for the weekend and the Aireys Inlet Festival of Words. We just walked up the road to the Community Centre to the opening. Sue and Jude came to stay for the weekend so it was bound to be fun. The opening speakers really set the scene for the weekend giving great readings from their books and keeping to time!
Cate Kennedy was the keynote speaker sharing her new work yet to be released, The World Beneath she was great and the book sounded so good got a copy and got it signed. The mayor opened the weekend- you'd reckon people would get the title of the events they are opening correct she kept inserting a "the" in the title of the weekend festival making it The Aireys Festival of the word" slightly different emphasis there!
A gropu from the Anglesea Performing Arts Group present Peter Handke's Self Accusation which was confronting and amusing, playing on words. I thought I'd google him and it, both he and it I had never heard of... turns out it is controversial and has been performed in a range of ways. Is there nothing that is not on You Tube?
After all of this we walked over to the pub and had dinner and then walked back home to the waiting and anxious pooch, Spencer. It was very dark walking home but warm and dry.
Now all I need do is catch up on other blogs and blog entries!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I am constantly amazed at "higher up" people who just don't seem to "get it" I think I would want to know not only the title of what I was starting but also what it was about if I were the mayor!! Oh well. But it makes one look so stupid!! And they are running a town???!!!

Sounded like you had fun!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...