Saturday, August 29, 2009

Snahshops from Saturday

The challlenge is getting close to the end and one last Saturday snapshots for August. Katrina set the following (she too has a class, photography class at Get it Scrapped)

Week #5! I hope you've been enjoying these. I thought we'd try an old favorite again! Scavenger Hunt time! Wander around today, see what you can find.
1. Red
2. Sweet
3. Four
So you could take a photo of four strawberries and have this one covered or you can stretch and find three unique things! Whichever path you take, enjoy! (oh, and for extra challenge fill the frame or try a different angle as you shoot)

The decision for me was to trawl through my photos or use the challenge as a different way to look at my day.

We spent much of the day indoors watching Ted Kennedy's funeral- what a wonderful tribute to the man and his family. We couldn't stop watching!
So pottering around and then continuing to clear out heaps of stuff from the apartment. I think the purging of the family home helped me in the quest to de-clutter here somewhat. Still more to go but the process has been started.
Then we met Margie in the foyer and headed to the subway and our dinner at One a restaurant in the Meatpacking District. And so to something red in my day.
The subway journey involved going to 14th Street and the exit sign like this is only at a couple of stops in Manhattan. I took my personal GPS that walks and talks and shares my apartment, ie Sue (well to say I took her is possibly a misstatement as we went together with Margie but why ruin a good story with accuracy) and she helped us find our way through that tricky part of NYC. Anything out of the grid that is Manhattan I get lost- to be perfectly honest I get lost coming out of the subway on many occasions- I just get turned around and directionless hence the need for the personal GPS (Good Person Sue).
Our purpose in going to One other than to indulge ourselves was to celebrate Julia's birthday and this is where the sweet comes in. I completely forgot to photograph our dessert which is what I planned to do, silly me! So I decided the sweet was the gift we gave Julia. A silver brooch from Santa Fe
The silver Sharman brooch based on Bill Worrell's work
It was a great night spent with four friends who have traveled together in more ways than one.Annie, Julia, Sue and Margie
The food was great, the service good and the walk back to the subway and then home very pleasant- it didn't rain, it was warm not stifling and in all a lovely Saturday night.


4 comments:

Barb said...

Love your GPS, Celia! So much kinder than those you sit on your dash!!!

What a wonderful time you seemed to have with all your friends! That is what life it all about!!!

Pretty clever pictures! You are always thinking!!

mollie said...

Great photos ... love how you worked the red.sweet.four challenge into your day! This one was fun wasn't it?

Terry said...

I'm just catching up on blog reading. Man--you are going to town. Love the photos of the hummingbird!!

Katrina Kennedy said...

Love your take on the challenge! Great photos and a great way to capture a wonderful Saturday!

16th of the Month- March

 A bit of a turbulent month between 16ths So the unpack after India... Walks on the beach...oh to be able to reproduce this as a pa...